This cold bitter weather has left me yearning for the reappearance of summer, so I decided to create a sweet and tropical virgin cocktail to remind me of those sunnier and warmer days.
· 1 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
· 250 ml (9 oz) cranberry juice
· ¼ teaspoon finely grated root ginger
· 2 cups ice cubes
· Mint sprigs to garnish
I have never been that fond of kiwis. I find it somewhat unappealing with its furry exterior and often times sourness, that I have never opted to purchase it whilst grocery shopping. But since discovering Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, it has become a staple on my weekly shopping list. It’s so sweet, almost grape-like. So, no more sourness and the biggest and major advantage that has me hooked onto this fruit is that it doesn’t have any hair. Yep, you heard right, no hair! So you can bite directly into it as you would with an apple!
Benefits of eating this superfruit includes:
- It is packed with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
- It has 10 times more the nutrition of apples
- It contains three times more vitamin C than oranges
- One Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit provides your daily vitamin C
- It has a low glycemic index of 52. The glycemic index, or GI, measures how a carbohydrate-containing food raises blood glucose. Research has shown that lower GI diets have also been associated with improved levels of ‘good’ cholesterol and a lower incidence of heart disease
This easy to make drink is so refreshing, delicious and packed with extra goodness that it has inspired me to incorporate Zespri kiwifruit in a lot more recipes. To find out more information or be inspired like myself to include Zespri kiwifruit into your diet, click on the link below:
- four the bikini bod